Fisheries sector plays an important role in the overall socioeconomic development of fisher’s families in the District (Every practicing fisherman should enjoy improved livelihood & enhanced incomes)
- fisheries is one of the fast growing sectors generating income and employment in the District and year round fishing activity & supply of local fish in District throughout the year, saturation approach in fish rearing in water bodies –Minor, Medium & Major Reservoirs.
- Fisheries sector aims at exploitation of all the possible resources under capture and culture fishery base for increasing fish production and productivity through sustainable development and this sector contributing considerably for food security ,nutrition to rural population and welfare fishers and to utilize the available water resources by stocking with quality fish and prawn seed in all reservoir ,tanks and fish farmers ,providing backward and forward linkages and creation of infrastructure.
- Growing visibility of fisheries sector due to enhanced water resources on construction and completion of irrigation projects is expected to lay a strong foundation for aquaculture in the canal fed areas besides emerging as an attractive investment option and a lucrative business activity.
- Increasing fish production and productivity by providing backward and forward linkages, enhancing livelihoods of fishers, achieving self-sufficiency in production of fish seed, ensuring availability of fish to the consumers at an affordable price and in hygienic condition by improving the marketing infrastructure, and implementing welfare programs.
- Fish marketing of fresh and dry fish by procuring from the societies
- Supply of inputs like nets, boats, life jacket, two wheelers, four wheelers, insulated truck, women revolving funds
- Society organisation, new member enrolment, conduct of society election
- Export of fishes and important training, exposure visit for innovative methods in fish culture practices
- Organizing of fisherwomen cooperative societies each village and providing revolving fund
- Conservation and regulation of fisheries in reservoir under licensing system
- Leasing of water bodies FCS s for the development of fisheries in the District
- Saving cum relief under this scheme financial assistance is provided to the fisherman licensees during the fishing ban period for livelihood support and inculcating the habit of thrift. the fisherman has to save Rs.1500/- over a period of 9 months and the state government will provide Rs.3000/-. The total amount of paid Rs.4500/- along with interest will be paid to beneficiaries during fishing ban period.
New implementations in the district:
Diversification of fish rearing activity by introducing cage culture ,pond culture ,prawn culture ,ice plant, pen culture, fish seed production Hatchery ,Live fish carrier system
- Construction of community Halls under this scheme financial assistance will be given to the fisherman cooperative societies towards construction of community hall. The unit cost of the community hall is Rs.10.00 lakhs including Rs.1.00 Lakh from MLA/MP/MLC funds or FCS contribution
- Group Accident insurance scheme to fisherman and ex-gratia up to 6 Lakhs
- Subsidy for construction of fish, prawn ponds and inputs under blue revolution
- Supply of inputs under IFDS( integrated fisheries development scheme Scheme ) like nets ,vehicles two and four wheelers ,Revolving fund ,construction of pond ,ice plant ,feed plant ,insulated truck ,fish seed Hatchery ,Retail fish market.
- Supply of fish seed & prawn juveniles on 100% grant under IFDS Scheme